When you’re stuck in a creative rut, little things that change up your routine can help to get the energy flowing again.
Here are 7 more ways to put your creative energy on track. (See four more ways in Read Get Out of That Rut, Part 1)
- Change the route you normally take to and from work.
- Read a book that you wouldn’t normally consider reading.
- Strike up a conversation with the person next to you in line at the coffee shop, grocery store, etc.
- Check out a new store you’ve never been to. Window shop if you feel nervous about just going in to browse.
- People watch. You can sit in a park or at a cafe and create stories for the people who pass by.
- Have coffee with a friend you haven’t seen for awhile. It’s so easy to lose touch that you’d be surprised just how much of a creative boost you can get from renewing old friendships.
As I’ve said before, boosting your creative energy doesn’t have to take a lot of hard work or money. Small changes are sometimes all it takes to get the flow going again.
P.S. Get in the habit of carrying something to write in, like a Moleskin notebook, when you’re out. You never know when that next great idea will hit you. :)